|Makes a great refreshing summer drink.|
Better yet, infused water is low in sugar (unlike juice), and it contains minerals and vitamins. I won't lie to you, it's not a Coke, but its way better than a bottled water, and is quite a conversation piece in the boardroom.
A few tips.
- The sweeter the fruit, the sweeter the drink.
- Wash the fruit well to rid of chemicals on the peel.
- Some people prefer to squeeze the juice of each piece of fruit to extract all its goodness before placing it in the cup.
- Use the rule of three, choosing three fruits to balance out the flavours. Ideally, something with zest (like lemon), something sweet (like a tangerine), and something with a good flavour that you like (like an orange).
- Buy a bottle with a filter tray (like shown) at the top to separate the fruit while drinking.
- Some individuals may enjoy a hint of mint leaf or other herbs in the mix too.
- Want to get a little crazy? Add some vodka into a glass, and mix up a cocktail.
Infused water how to (recipe):
- Slice several slices of orange, lemon, and tangerine.
- Place in pitcher or water bottle with ice-water.
- Add one teaspoon of artificial sweetener or your choice of honey or sugar (optional).
- Allow water to sit for 2-4 hours, stir again, and serve.