Bacon Lasagne Recipe
|WARNING: Bacon Lasagne is best served away from cats who may become angry at your lack of sharing.|
My cat Schitzy is much like the fictional feline named Garfield and who is gifted with a natural instinct to sense and hunt down Italian food. We find that when we make this bacon lasagne at home he will sit in front of the glass window in the oven door and stare till finally the buzzer dings. Now that Schitzy has gotten older his poor little tummy can't handle the tomato sauce, but it doesn't stop him from trying to snag a bite off my plate of lasagne when I'm not looking. There's a special place for Schitzy someday, in lasagne heaven.
- 1 pound ground beef (or pork, or sausage)
- ¼ pound center cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup egg(s) (1 whole egg)
- 16 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large container of cottage cheese
- Italian marinara
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package of lasagne noodles
- Boil your lasagne noodles per instructions on box.
- Brown your beef, place in colander and rinse with hot water till fat runs clear.
- Cook bacon, drain fat, and chop.
- Dump mozzarella, and cottage cheese, salt, garlic, pepper, and eggs into a mixing bowl and stir.
- Add meats to bowl of cheese and seasonings mix and stir.
- Add thin layer of sauce to a 9x12 pan then a layer of noodles.
- Layer meat and cheese mixture, adding sauce on top of each layer.
- Finally top dish with a layer of cheese.
- Bake on 350° F for 20-40 minutes covered with foil, last 10 min remove to brown cheese.