|The most dangerous hash-browns in the world.|
|Be careful who you serve them to.|
To her surprise that was also just days before this girl accidentally and unknowingly stumbled upon a manner of cooking hash-browns named for their ease of cooking at home, thus I had discovered home-fries. Known also in parts of the world as house-fries or cottage fries, they're easier to cook because they're diced rather than shredded, and shallow deep-fried rather than grilled such as traditional hash-browns would be.
|Hash-browns, an aphrodisiac?|
4 washed and chunked potatoes
1 sliced onion
Shredded cheese (I prefer a sharp cheddar)
1 Cup: choose 1-3 meats: sausage, bacon, or ham.
Salt and Pepper for seasoning
Cooking oil for deep frying
Two fried eggs (seasoned with salt and pepper)
Ketchup (only if you prefer)
1 red ripe tomatoes for garnish (optional)
- Chop potatoes, onion, and meats.
- Place potatoes in bowl, and microwave for 5 minutes on high to par-cook.
- Preheat oil on medium high until it starts to smoke lightly in cast iron pan.
- Add potatoes only to pan and fry for 15-20 minutes.
- When potatoes begin to turn golden (about 15 minutes later), add onions, and meat.
- Using a colander and metal or glass bowl, remove meat and potatoes and allow to dry.
- Plate and season.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Microwave or warm plate in oven to melt cheese for 1 minute.
- Top with a fried egg or two.
- Swirl ketchup on top.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes.