|Papaya drink at Gray's Papaya|
|NY pushcart red onion sauce recipe|
- 1-2 Vidalia onions
- 1 cup water
- butter or olive oil for sauteing onions.
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lite corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
|Awesome version of red hot-dog sauce: kraut!|
- Slice onions, and mince garlic.
- In a frying pan over medium high heat melt your butter and saute' onions and garlic with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Once caramelized, add vinegar, tomato paste, corn starch and water. Mix and bring to a boil.
- Finally add Tabasco, paprika, salt, and lastly the corn syrup. Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer and stir for 15 minutes or until thickened slightly.
Optional Awesome Version:
I love sauerkraut on my hot-dogs, so I also take one small can of drained sauerkraut and toss it into the mix around step four. It's rather amazing that way.