The Ultimate Grilled Cheese - The French "Crunch" Recipe
|Ultimate Grilled Cheese Recipe|
|French butter for frying.|
I decided one night to embark upon a re-creation of the Frenchs' ultimate grilled cheese, and can tell you this simple sandwich is a deception of crispy melted buttery goodness. It's so much more: it's food reduced to its perfection core.
In subsequent attempts I also buttered the top of the bread and melted additional cheese to the lids of the baguettes. So grab some French wine, a little French cinema, and make one of these for your next romantic evening. It's a simple joy that is definitely one of the world's best, and ultimate grilled cheeses:
The French "Crunch" Recipe
- Butter (French butter is better.)
- A baguette.
- Cheese. (Gruyere, or another very sharp cheese)
- Take a generous portion of butter and melt it in the bottom of a frying pan on medium high heat. (7/10 mark).
- Add chunked slices of cheese onto the bottom of the pan and fry until melted and it begins to crisp.
- Spatula the cheese from the bottom of the pan and place onto the baguette. Poor cheesy butter over-top. Brush the tops of the baguette and place additional cheese on top.
- Add a bit of garlic salt if you please, and warm the baguette in the oven at about 375F for about 6 minutes.