Rawley's Bacon Fried Hot Dogs
"You'll Relish the Flavor!"
|Bacon Fried Hot-Dogs.|
Now if you don't have a deep-fryer, and don't want to waste $5.00 on a bottle oil, then you can just shallow fry your choice of hot-dog with about a 1/4 cup of oil. Rawley's deep fried dogs are actually fried then grilled, so this remains true to their style. Top it how you like; Rawley's "The Works" is typically relish, mustard, kraut and bacon, but I'm personally a big fan of this, my own creation:
|Deep fried hot-dog goodness.|
- 1 pack of hot dogs. (Rawley's uses Hummel Brothers brand)
- 1/4 cup of oil.
- Chopped bacon
- Chili (prepared prior)
- Butter (optional)
- Shredded Sharp Cheese
- Place oil in frying pan and heat at 3/4 mark till oil begins to slightly smoke.
- Slice hot-dogs, long-ways, partially through and fry face down for about two minutes.
- Flip hot dogs, fry the outside, add the chopped onions and fry.
- If you really want to go out, take some melted butter and brush the inside of your buns. Rawley's of course dry toasts their's on the grill, but I prefer mine in the French fashion.
- Fry your chopped bacon, and then assemble hot-dog and top with mustard and cheese.
|The final product: The world's best hot-dog.|