A Fancy, Gourmet Grilled Cheese Recipe
|It could be the world's best grilled cheese.|
Of course my cravings got the best of me, and we decided to try it our own way:
- sliced sour dough bread
- a combination or mixture of any great cheeses. I recommend Gruyere, Havarti, Irish cheddar, etc.
- hickory smoked bacon
- chopped sweet onion
- Plugra brand butter (or a French style high-butterfat butter)
- garlic salt.
- sliced tomatoes
- Fry bacon, and onions together.
- Shred cheeses, and butter bread slices.
- Combine bacon, tomato, cheese, and onions into a sandwich
- Fry over medium heat sprinkling garlic salt to taste.
Of course there's many variations. I may try adding some fried mushrooms in the future and I've already tried the above "fancy" grilled cheese with fried cheese, similar to this. French (or European style) butter, good cheese, a bit of bacon and you can't go wrong. A gourmet grilled cheese is only minutes away from becoming a life-long addiction.