Ned's Noodles | Yakisoba Chicken Recipe
Unless you're Anthony Bourdain on a layover in London with a production team and fancy restaurants, you might like me, want to pick up some food that's warm and delicious but also cheap and quick. When I'm in London, there's one place that fits the bill: Ned's Noodles.
Sure it's a take-out Asian noodle place, but as my realtor keeps saying, with Ned's it's all about the location, location, location. Located in a alleyway just behind the London Eye and Jubilee Gardens, it's at the center of everything. Perfect for taking your bucket of fried noodles and bottled cola to the shores of the Thames where you can watch the sunset as Big Ben rings in the distance. As a ukulele player from Finland busks behind the park bench playing a melodic tune, you've just managed a English riverside dinner with live music for under 10£, and can be back at Heathrow in less than an hour by The Tube.
Of course, when I'm back State-side, and I'm craving my chicken yakisoba from Ned's, I close my eyes, reach for this recipe and enjoy:
Yakisoba Chicken recipe
You can also use beef or shrimp if you prefer.
- 1 pound of skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- ½ sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons of Teriyaki sauce
- 1 handful of bok choi (Chinese cabbage)
- 1 package of Portobello mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons of McCormick's brand Far East Sesame & Ginger Blend
- ½ cup of egg or egg substitute
- cooking spray
- 1 box of thin spaghetti
- pinch of Accent brand seasoning (optional)
1. Chop chicken, onions, mushrooms and shred bok choi.
2. Cook chicken using non-fat spray, adding in vegetables near completion.
3. Cook eggs in separate frying pan with spray.
4. Boil water and cook noodles to firm per box.
5. Strain noodles.
6. Shut off heat, spray pot with spray, and return noodles to pot.
7. Add to the noodles, seasonings, and sauces. Mix well with tongs.
8. Add chicken and vegetables.
9. Continue mixing, as you add cooked eggs.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20-25
Total time: 0 hr 55 min
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 Bowl