Pita Durum / Doner Kebab Recipe
|Doner, meaning "turn around" as does the|
roasted meat on the spit.
My favorite came from a shop called Au P'tit Creux 2 in Anderlecht. I'd typically stop in waiting for the last 31 tram of the night at Saint Guidon after a night of drinking. By far, they seemed to have the best meat, and always stuffed it full of frites. It made the perfect take-home indulgence.
|A typical furniture in Belgium where you could find a Durum.|
While not traditional, I also enjoy grilling my onions with the chicken or lamb.
In Belgium, salad can also include corn, and carrots.
Pita Durum / Doner Kebab
French fries (fast-food style)
Durum seasoning (see below)
Salad (lettuce, tomato, onions)
Shaved lamb or chicken
|In some places they call it a shawarma. I call it|
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon of cayenne powder
few tablespoons of olive oil
- Marinate chicken or lamb in durum seasoning with a bit of olive oil.
- On high heat, cook chicken or lamb with a bit of olive oil till crispy on the outside.
- Place sauce on tortilla and fold in half and spread sauce.
- Deep fry the french fries.
- Place fries, meat, and salad in tortilla, and grill over a warm pan.
- Wrap tortilla and place in foil.