Reece's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
|The kiss: the lone indulgence of coming|
home, embodied in a cookie.
Considering it's Christmas: the winter solstice, a time on earth where we each show this same compassion for each other and congratulate ourselves for making half way through the darkness, the children and I made cookies. Peanut butter cookies. Peanut butter? What's this? No more Nuttella or Speculoo? (sigh)
But there is no greater joy of spending time with glossy eyed, pajama wearing children; something that eases the weight of it all. So I'll seal them with a kiss, and try to remember for everything that I've lost, something new is found. For you can't buy peanut butter cups in Belgium.
Reece's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies Recipe
Ingredients (2 dozen)
2½ Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar
1 Cup Peanut Butter
2 Sticks of Butter at room temperature
2 Large Eggs
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Begin with dry ingredients, place in bowl and mix.
- Add wet ingredients (including butter) and mix till a dough is formed.
- Take tablespoon balls of dough and place on cookie sheet.
- Flatten with a fork and add a Hershey's Kiss.
- Bake for 10 minutes in an oven pre-heated to 350F (176 C)