|Hello you fat little tortilla!|
Personally I like mine thick, with a bit of leavening. Most Americans might consider it more of a Gordita style tortilla. I hand press mine and fry them in oil, and they always come out amazing. While it's hard to beat the cost and ease of processed tortillas, when you've got to have one, and you can't get to the store, this recipe will provide the perfect answer to your burrito needs. Sometimes you just have to leave your expectations at the door, only to find something better.
|Using a bit of non-stick spray and two pieces of tin foil|
(or wax paper) allows you to press flat the tortilla.
2 teaspoons baking powder
¾ cup of water + 2 tablespoons of oil
½ teaspoon of salt
oil for frying
1. Mix dry ingredients in bowl.
2. Add wet ingredients and mix.
3. Knead dough till all is combined.
4. Make balls from dough.
5. Press in tortilla press or by hand (a heavy pan works nicely).
6. On cast-iron skillet with oil, fry tortilla on both sides.