Potato Bombs Recipe
|It's more like a potato grenade.|
|Hershey Kisses? No... Bacon and Potato Kisses.|
Potato Bombs are basically stuffed potatoes. You take a paring knife, hollow out the middle, stuff it as you please and then wrap the potato in bacon and bake it (or grill). The attempt illustrated in the photos here show that traditional method, however I have since tried deep frying the cored potato before stuffing and found it even more tasty. So far my favorite combination of potato bombs is stuffed with Velveeta cheese, but it's all up to you. It's so simple, I'm sure you'll find your own combination of potato bombs to make your stomach content. Perhaps we should just call them IED (Improvised Explosive Devices) instead (if this post doesn't get monitored by the CIA, I don't know what would.).
|FYI, the insides of the potatoes make great hash-browns, which are a nice snack while waiting for the|
bombs to cook in the oven.
Potato Bomb Ingredients
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Chopped Green Onion
- Olive oil & Salt and Pepper
- In a bowl combine raw sausage, cheese, and chopped onions.
- Using a paring knife cut off one end of the potato then carefully core out the middle of the potato
- Use filling in bowl and stuff potato
- Wrap potato in bacon.
- Place potato on tin-foil and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Seal foil so that opening of potato is in an upright position, and place vertical in cup-cake pan to prevent potato from falling over.
- Bake at 375 F for about 1 hour - 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Prior to stuffing deep-fry potato until inside is golden brown.
- Stuff with your choice of filling (I loved the un-melted Velveeta)
- Continue with above steps 4-6.
- Bake at 375 F for about 30 min - 45 min.