Homemade Greek Gyros
|Delicious homemade Greek gyros|
Here's what you need:
- 1 onion
- 1 lb shaved beef or lamb (Steak-Ums also work in a pinch)
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise.
- 1 small container of feta cheese.
- 1 small bag of lettuce shreds.
- 1 diced tomato
- Pita breads.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- pinch of cayenne
- pinch of pepper
- A bit of olive oil.
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
|A lettuce version of coleslaw.|
- Grill sliced onions in a bit of olive oil, then set aside.
- Grill meat adding the seasoning, combining onions near their finish.
- In a bowl add shreds, mayo, tomato, feta cheese, garlic powder and a bit of pepper. Mix.
- Warm and open pita breads. Tong in generous amounts of meat and top with salad.