Sesame Chicken Recipe
|Insert fortune cookie proverb here.|
While every take-out restaurant has their own version of this recipe based on their choice for flavors of wine, and sweeteners, this recipe attempts to bridge a common ground between the super sweet, and the just right savory goodness of the rich soy flavors.
- 16 oz. of skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- vegetable oil
- sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoons of raspberry wine
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of McCormick's brand Far East Sesame & Ginger blend
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon of ginger
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- pinch of Accent brand seasoning (optional)
- Prepare rice.
- Chop chicken into cubes.
- Fry chicken with a few tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- When chicken is cooked, add wine, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, Far East seasonings, sugar, garlic and ginger.
- Toss quickly over medium-high heat as mixture reduces to a glaze.
- Plate and top with sesame seeds. Serving with rice.