Blackened Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Kebabs
Ever want a meaty treat? Shrimp, bacon, maybe some chicken? But you don't want to make things too complicated, and you can't afford a visit to your local churrascaria? So what to do? How about some baked kebabs? Pick up some shrimp, wrap it in bacon, maybe even add some chicken if you're so inclined. Season with blackened chicken seasoning (readily available at your local supermarket), baste with butter, and voila!
While most Americans are familiar with kebabs, you may not know that they're of middle-east origin, and are a very popular snack food around the world. They're also a symbol of immigration because they're typically popular with Middle-East immigrants. These tasty sticks of meat have been referenced as far back as Homer and Aristotle, and were the invention of soldiers sitting around fire, grilling their food on sticks.
- large de-veined and peeled shrimp
- Zatarain's blackened chicken seasoning
Like it bold? Marinate with:
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Wrap thawed and shrimp with a half a slice of bacon, then skewer it.
- Add vegetables, or other meats (optional).
- Marinate (optional) for 20 minutes in fridge.
- Place skewers in 13x9 pan and season with blackened seasoning, and baste with butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, and bacon crisps.