Best Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe : Unbelievable Low-Carb Keto Pizza
|The ultimate thin crust pizza is actually no crust at all.|
Love mushrooms? Love Pizza? Then you're going to love this recipe for pizza stuffed mushrooms. Maybe you're doing a ketogenic diet like Atkins and need a suitable replacement for Domino's? (If not, they're still amazing!) Well then, look no further than this! This is hands down the best (almost) no carb pizza you can make, and its super simple. We take giant Portobello mushrooms, remove the stem, clean the insides out, and stuff it with (a small amount of) tomato sauce and (lots of) ooey, gooey, melted cheese just like take-out pizza, and then add your favorite toppings for the most delicious no crust, personal pizzas you've ever tasted. Go protein crazy, or vegetarian, it's your choice! We finish up by brushing the whole thing in garlic and butter for that real delivery pizza taste (that's why it's sooooo good!).
Remember when you were in elementary school, and their was some students who would remove the cheese and toppings off their pizza, and not eat the crust? This is sort of the adult version of that, except it's healthy, doesn't waste, and tastes great.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (or your choice).
- Giant Portobello mushrooms, stemmed and gilled.
- Pasta sauce (or your favorite pizza sauce)
- Your favorite toppings (I like pepperoni and black olives)
- Butter and garlic sauce (see below).
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Remove stems of mushrooms, and using spoon, scrape gills off, then rinse.
- Place on baking sheet, and coat inside of mushroom with 1 teaspoon of sauce.
- Add shredded cheese, then toppings.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until cheese is slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and brush with butter seasoning (below) and garnish with a bit more cheese.
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Pinch (1/16 teaspoon) of black pepper
- Melt butter in a bowl with seasonings in microwave for 40 seconds.
- Stir mixture, and brush on crust after baking pizzas and before serving.